Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine
Medknow Publications on behalf of the Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine
Vol. 11, No. 2, 2007, pp. 74-80
Bioline Code: cm07012
Full paper language: English
Document type: Research Article
Document available free of charge
Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine, Vol. 11, No. 2, 2007, pp. 74-80
© Copyright 2007 Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine.
Acute ingestion of copper sulphate: A review on its clinical manifestations and management|
Saravu, Kavitha; Jose, Jimmy; Bhat, Mahadeva N; Jimmy, Beena & Shastry, BA
Ingestion of copper sulphate is an uncommon mode of poisoning in the Indian subcontinent. Cases are mainly suicidal in nature. The clinical course of the copper sulphate intoxicated patient is often complex involving intravascular hemolysis, jaundice and renal failure. The treatment is mainly supportive. In severe cases methemoglobinemia needs treatment. Mortality is quite high in severe cases. A comprehensive review of the clinical presentation and management of copper sulphate poisoning is done.
Acute ingestion, copper sulphate, poisoning
Alternative site location: http://www.ijccm.org/