search
for
 About Bioline  All Journals  Testimonials  Membership  News  Donations


Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine
Medknow Publications on behalf of the Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine
ISSN: 0972-5229
EISSN: 1998-359x
Vol. 13, No. 3, 2009, pp. 169-170
Bioline Code: cm09038
Full paper language: English
Document type: Case Report
Document available free of charge

Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine, Vol. 13, No. 3, 2009, pp. 169-170

 en Accidental carbon monoxide poisoning in our homes
Sharma, Shruti; Gupta, Rahul; Paul, Barinder S.; Puri, Sandeep & Garg, Shuchita

Abstract

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless, tasteless, nonirritating, but significantly toxic gas. It is a product of combustion of organic matter in presence of insufficient oxygen supply. Symptoms of mild poisoning include headaches, vertigo and flu like effects, whereas larger exposures can lead to significant toxicity of the central nervous system (CNS), heart, and even death. We are reporting two cases that presented to us in the winter months of December to January with history, sign, symptoms, and radiological evidence of suspected CO poisoning.

Keywords
Carbon monoxide, carboxyhemoglobin, gas geyser, liquefied petroleum gas, magnetic resonance imaging

 
© Copyright 2009 Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine.
Alternative site location: http://www.ijccm.org/

Home Faq Resources Email Bioline
© Bioline International, 1989 - 2020, Site last up-dated on 28-Nov-2020.
Site created and maintained by the Reference Center on Environmental Information, CRIA, Brazil
System hosted by the Internet Data Center of Rede Nacional de Ensino e Pesquisa, RNP, Brazil