search
for
 About Bioline  All Journals  Testimonials  Membership  News  Donations


Journal of Applied Sciences and Environmental Management
World Bank assisted National Agricultural Research Project (NARP) - University of Port Harcourt
ISSN: 1119-8362
Vol. 11, No. 3, 2007, pp. 53-58
Bioline Code: ja07065
Full paper language: English
Document type: Research Article
Document available free of charge

Journal of Applied Sciences and Environmental Management, Vol. 11, No. 3, 2007, pp. 53-58

 en Factors Influencing Degradation of Mercaptans by Thiobacillus Thioparus check for this species in other resources TK-m (1)
Adoki, A.

Abstract

Degradation of methylmercaptans by Thiobacillus Thioparus check for this species in other resources TK-m was influenced by pH of the reaction medium. Ratios of headspace concentrations in empty vials and those of acidified buffer solutions were less than 1.0. 95% of the H2S was in headspace with the remaining 5% in solution upon acidification. The values for MM were 80% in headspace and 20% in solution. Different buffer solutions also influence the rate of removal of mercaptans from reaction vessels. For methylmercaptan oxidase, using Tris/HCl buffer, the highest level of oxygen uptake was recorded at pH 8.5. Mild changes in the pH levels were recorded at the end of the reactions. Compared to Tris/HCl buffer, phosphate buffer supports a significantly lower reactivity of MMoxidase towards methylmercaptan.

 
© Copyright 2007 - Journal of Applied Sciences & Environmental Management

Home Faq Resources Email Bioline
© Bioline International, 1989 - 2017, Site last up-dated on 16-Oct-2017.
Site created and maintained by the Reference Center on Environmental Information, CRIA, Brazil
System hosted by the Internet Data Center of Rede Nacional de Ensino e Pesquisa, RNP, Brazil