About Bioline  All Journals  Testimonials  Membership  News

African Journal of Reproductive Health
Women's Health and Action Research Centre
ISSN: 1118-4841
Vol. 15, No. 1, 2011, pp. 107-109
Bioline Code: rh11014
Full paper language: English
Document type: Research Article
Document available free of charge

African Journal of Reproductive Health, Vol. 15, No. 1, 2011, pp. 107-109

 en Histopathological Types of Breast Cancer in Gombe, North Eastern Nigeria: A Seven-Year Review
Dauda, A.M.; Misauno, M.A. & Ojo, E.O.


This was a retrospective analysis of all consecutive breast cancer specimens submitted to the Pathology Department Of Federal Medical Centre, Gombe which renders histopathology services to four states in the North Eastern region of Nigeria. A total of 172 cases of malignant breast tumours were recorded during the 7 years under review. Out of the 172 cases of breast cancers analysed, 7(4%) were in males while the remaining 165(96%) were in females giving a male: female ratio of 1:24. The most common histopathological type of breast cancer found in this study was Invasive Ductal Carcinoma no special type (NST) accounting for 78.8% of cases

Breast cancer; Histopathology; Northeastern Nigeria

 fr Type histopathologique du cancer du sein à Gombe, nord-est du Nigéria : Révision des résultats couvrant sept ans.
Dauda, A.M.; Misauno, M.A. & Ojo, E.O.


l s’agit d’une analyse rétrospective de tous les échantillons du cancer du sein qui ont été remis au Département de la Pathologie de Federal Medical Centre, Gombe, rend des services de pathologie à quatre états de la région nord-est du Nigéria. On a enregistré au total 172 cas de la tumeur du sein maligne au cours des sept ans de la révision. Sur les 172 cas de cancer du sein qui ont été analysés, 7 (4%) étaient des mâles alors que le reste 165 (96%) étaient des femelles, ce qui signifie un rapport mâle : femelle de 1 :24. Le type histopathologique de cancer du sein identifié dans cette étude était le cancer invasif, pas de type particulier (PTP), ce qui représente 78,8% des cas

© Copyright 2011 - Women's Health and Action Research Centre
Alternative site location:

Home Faq Resources Email Bioline
© Bioline International, 1989 - 2024, Site last up-dated on 01-Sep-2022.
Site created and maintained by the Reference Center on Environmental Information, CRIA, Brazil
System hosted by the Google Cloud Platform, GCP, Brazil