Instructions for Authors
Potential authors are encouraged to submit contributions of six main types:
- Papers based on methodologically sound primary research challenging or
supporting one or more policy measures.
- Critical analysis of current or proposed policy measures based on national
and international experiences.
- Case studies, real life situations and experiences relevant for health
policy and management in Uganda in particular and in Africa in general.
- Review of relevant books in the field of Health and Development (400 to
- Letters to the editors expressing opinions, concerns, views and suggestions
on fields of potential interest to the Journal readership (400 to 800
- Short communications on forthcoming or other events relevant to the Journal
The approach should be practical and “real-life oriented” rather
than academic or purely speculative.
Below, we give an indicative, non exhaustive, list of issues of relevance
and interest for the Journal readers:
- Health Sector Policy, its relevance and implementation
- Health Sector Strategic Plan implementation and progress
- Public Sector Reform and Health Sector Reform
- Decentralization and Health
- The role and effectiveness of the Ministry of Health
- The role and effectiveness of Professional Councils
- The role and effectiveness of civil society in policy making and analysis
- Accountability to the people of the National Health System at all levels
- Upholding Professional Ethics
- Public Private Partnership for Health
- Health Services Financing Options: theory, practice, access and equity
- Gender and Health
- Globalization and Health
- International and national priority setting for health and social development
- Development and Health
- Politics and Health