About this Journal
The Indian Journal of Pharmacology is an official organ of the Indian Pharmacological Society. The first issue of the journal came out in 1969 and it was published quarterly. In 1997 it became a bimonthly publication.
IJP publishes original research articles, reviews, research letters and correspondences. It is a peer reviewed journal indexed by Biological Abstracts/Biosys, Chemical Abstracts, EMBASE/ Excerpta Medica, CAB Abstract, CAB Health, Excerpta Medicinal and Aromatic Plants Abstracts, NCI Current Contents.
Chief Editor : R.Raveendran MD Professor of Pharmacology JIPMER, Pondicherry - 605 006
INDIAN PHARMACOLOGICAL SOCIETY
|OBJECTIVES : |
|The Society is instituted: |
- To foster the science of Pharmacology.
- To promote research in Pharmacology and allied disciplines, with particular reference to the current health needs of the country and national health policy.
- for the advancement of Pharmacology in the country.
- To collect, evaluate, disseminate and employ scientific knowledge about drugs for the benefit of the country.
|MEMBERSHIP : |
- The society shall consist of the following categories of members:-
- Ordinary Members:- Persons who through research or teaching take an active interest in pharmacology or a related science shall be eligible for election to ordinary membership.
- Life Members:- Persons who are ordinary members, or are eligible to become ordinary members can be elected, if not already elected as an ordinary member, to life membership.
- Honorary Members:- The society may elect to honorary membership persons
- Distinguished in pharmacology or allied sciences or
- Ordinary members on retiring from full-time employment provided he/she had been a regular ordinary member for at least 8 years immediately prior to retirement. All previously elected emeritus members will hereafter be categorised as honorary members. Honorary members shall have not right to vote.
- Application of Membership:- Proposals for ordinary membership or life membership (except those who are already ordinary members) shall be made by two eligible members of the society on forms provided by the General SecretaryTreasurer on request. The proposals received by the General Secretary shall be scrutinised by the executive committee of the society and placed before the next meeting of the general body of the society for election.
- Membership Fee:-
- Each ordinary member shall pay an annual subscription, the amount of which shall be determined by the society from time to time. The subscription shall become due on 1st January each year.
- Life membership fee shall be a lump sum payment, the amount of which shall be determined by the society from time to time.
- Honorary members are exempted from payment of subscription fee.
- An ordinary member, whose membership fee is not received by 1st April shall forfeit his privilege of receiving the Indian Journal of Pharmacology and to participate in the election of that year.
- An ordinary member, whose subscription is two years in arrear, despite written reminders from the treasurer or the general secretary shall cease to be a member.
For further information, please visit the Indian Journal of Pharmacology website.