Instructions for Authors
The International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology is the official quarterly science and research publication of Iranian Society of Environmentalists (IRSEN) and Center for Environment and Energy Research and Studies (CEERS) affiliated to Graduate school of the Environment and Energy, Science and Research Campus, Islamic Azad University (IAU). It accepts original papers, review articles, short communications and research notes.
International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology
Center for Environment and Energy Research and Studies
Graduate school of the Environment and Energy
Science and Research Campus, Islamic Azad University
P. O. Box: 14155-775, Tehran, Iran
Tel.: (021) 44 80 4162
Fax: (021) 44 81 7160
Editors of the Journal reserve the right to accept or reject any article in any stage, if necessary
1. Papers submitted for publication should describe original work, not previously published elsewhere.
2. Manuscripts must be submitted only in English and should be written according to sound grammar and proper terminology.
3. Manuscripts should be typed on one side of an A4 paper, with a font Times New Roman of 11 pt, and 2.5 cm margin at each side, and submitted to the Editor-in-Chief or Co-Editor. Manuscript must be accompanied by a covering letter including title and author(s) name and undertaking that it has not been published or submitted elsewhere.
4. The first page of the paper should only contain the title, name(s), degree(s) and addresses (Tel. Fax, and Email) of the author(s) and the source(s) of financial support for the study.
5. The text should include: Title; with author(s) name and address; an abstract (of no more than 150 words), which state the purpose of the study, basic procedures, main findings and the principal conclusions; 4-6 key words. Introduction; materials and methods; results; discussion and conclusion; acknowledgement and references are followed.
6. Tables, in limited numbers should be submitted on separate pages with the captions placed above. Do not submit tables as photograph. Place explanatory matters in footnotes, not in the heading. Do not use internal horizontal and vertical rules.
7. Figures and graphs (in colored), in limited numbers, are accepted only if they are of high quality artwork and mounted on separate pages. The captions should be placed below.8. Suggested place of tables and figures should be clearly marked on the margin of the text.
9. The same data should not be presented simultaneously in tables, figures and text.
10. References: All publication cited in the text should be presented in the list of references following the text of the manuscript. In the text refer to the author's name (without initials) and year of publication (e.g. Kramer, 2002). For three or more authors use the first author followed by "et al.," in the last. The list of references at the end of the manuscript should be arranged alphabetically authors' names and chronologically per author. The list of references should be given in the following style:
McVicar, T. M. and D. L. B. Jupp, The current and potential use of remote sensing to aid decisions on drought exceptional circumstances in the Australia. Agricultural Systems, 57 (3): 399-468, 1998.
11. Abbreviations and symbols should be explained at first occurrence. The policy of the journal with respect to unit and symbols is that SI (Systems Internationals) symbols should be used.
12. The authors will be supplied with 10 free issues of journals and reprints with no page charges. 13. Following acceptance of the paper for publication, authors will be asked to provide a diskette containing the final version of their paper. The diskette must be clearly labeled with the date, title and first author name. The author(s) will be asked to complete the copyright for the accepted paper and to be membered to IJEST. 14. The submitted materials may be considered for inclusion but can not be returned.
15. The sole responsibility for the whole contents of the paper (views and statements) remains only with the author(s).